I know I'm a bit late on this one, but I've decided to take the pressure off myself and set the whole month of January to reflecting on last year and looking ahead to this bright new year ahead. Who's with me? :)
Personally, 2016 was not an amazing year for me. I didn't have great milestone moments, but instead had many beautiful small moments. I was able to travel to see dear friends and go on a long road trip with my family to see God's amazing beauty at Yellowstone. Sometimes, in this comparison culture we get down on ourselves that our lives are not as exciting as the next person (maybe this is just me) but, in the end I don't think it matters how 'exciting' our lives are but, how many lives did we invest in, how many opportunities we take to listen to other's stories and invite them in to hear our own (preaching to the choir on this one!). Looking forward to being much more intentional this year!
2016 was another year of amazing growth for DSC. Looking back through the goals I set for the business last year, I accomplished most of them and broke through others that I set. Being that it was my first full year diving into the wedding world, I set out to book 6 weddings and in the end I booked 14 plus more for 2017! (I may have set the bar a bit too low, haha!)
Here's a look into some of the highlights from 2016.
- I had the opportunity to travel to 4 (new to me!) states: Ohio, North Carolina, Montana and Wyoming
- Made it my first full year on a half salary! This decision was a huge leap of faith, but it has helped me tremendously grow and invest in this business
- Sales for DSC nearly doubled from last year!
- I took a two day sugar flower class - loved it, but still need a lot of practice! :)
- Launched my new website and just love the overall style and design my cousin created for me
- Joined the Seattle chapter of The Rising Tide Society and have met many amazing wedding vendors in Seattle who I've had the privilege to collaborate with on styled shoots. You can see some of them here and here.
- Went to a CRAVE Co-Storm event and met other local food business owners
- Our cakes were featured in 4 different wedding blogs; Once Wed, Borrowed & Blue, Wedding Chicks and The Rising Tide Society
- We were published in the Fall '16 Issue of Mingle Magazine
- We had the privilege of being a part of 14 weddings and over 90 markets and events
A huge THANK YOU to each and every one of you who keep believing in and supporting Delicately Sweet Confections. The best is yet to come!